This property may also be known as:
- Passamaquoddy Dining Room / Fairmont Algonquin Resort
The Algonquin is a hotel located in St. Andrews.
A Maritime tradition in its second century of impeccable hospitality - The Fairmont Algonquin New Brunswick resort blends old world charm with modern luxury and is Canada's historic seaside resort. Overlooking the historic Passamaquoddy Bay sits the historical Tudor-style *Castle-by-the-Sea*. This idyllic resort has welcomed iconic leaders- world royalty and travellers with warm- authentic Maritime hospitality since 1889. The nearby Bay of Fundy lays claim to the highest tides in the world with rising and falling water levels nearing 55 feet in areas- twice daily and provides the scenic backdrop for the award-winning seaside Algonquin Golf Course and Academy- home to two of the top ten golf tees in Canada. With bent grass tees- fairways and greens- the golf course offers a manicured look that is the perfect contrast to the fescue rough and the rugged shoreline of the Bay of Fundy. Since 1894- a seaside jewel- shaped overtime.
The Spa at The Fairmont Algonquin offers an oasis of relaxation and tranquility with full aesthetics and massage services in six treatment rooms. An unrivalled culinary team delights with the finest seafood from the Atlantic Ocean and the freshest New Brunswick ingredients in four versatile dining outlets- operated seasonally. The welcoming town of St. Andrews by-the-Sea also offers a wealth of seaside opportunities to complement your visit with lavish gardens- rich history- culture and talented local artisans. Our onsite myriad of recreation activities provide entertainment year-round and our Recreation Team is eager to customize a program specific to your needs. Whether a weekend getaway- a group convention- or a family vacation. The Fairmont Algonquin is Atlantic Canada’s premier luxury resort and meeting destination.
Nearby restaurants include The Gables Restaurant, Olde Tyme Pizza & Restaurant, Garden Cafe & Gift Shop, and Sweet Harvest Market.
Quick navigate St. Andrews Hotels
The information displayed here is displayed 'as is'. Also check the website ( if listed ) for up-to-date information, prices and availability. Stay Canada is not responsible for the content of external websites. If you are the owner or operator of The Algonquin and wish to update or modify the content on this page including room details, specials and getaways or availability, please use our submission page.
24-hour front desk. 24-hour security. ATM/Cash machine. Accessible facilities. Accessible parking. Air conditioning. Baby sitting. Barber shop. Beauty shop/salon. Bell staff/porter. Breakfast served in restaurant. Buffet breakfast. Business center. Catering services. Child programs. Children's nursery. Children's play area. Cocktail lounge. Coffee shop. Complimentary in-room coffee or tea. Complimentary newspaper in lobby. Concierge desk. Continental breakfast. Currency exchange. DVD/video rental. Dinner served in restaurant. Direct dial telephone. Dry cleaning. Early check-in. Efolio available to company. Exercise gym. Exhibition/convention floor. Express check-in. Express check-out. Fire safety compliant. Food and beverage outlets. Free parking. Front desk. Full american breakfast. Full service housekeeping. Game room. Gift/News stand. Golf. Hair dryer. Hairdresser/barber. Health club. Heated guest rooms. Heated pool. High speed wireless. Housekeeping - daily. Individual Efolio available. Interior corridors. Ironing board. Jacuzzi. Jogging track. Late check-out available. Laundry/Valet service. Lobby coffee service. Lounges/bars. Lunch served in restaurant. Massage services. Nightclub. Non-smoking rooms (generic). On-Site parking. Onsite laundry. Outdoor pool. Parking. Parking lot. Pets allowed. Photocopy center. Playground. Pool. Private bath or shower. Public address system. Public area air conditioned. Racquetball. Restaurant. Room service. Room service - limited hours. Safe deposit box. Sauna. Secured parking. Security. Shoe shine stand. Snow sports. Spa. Storage space. Street side parking. Sundry/Convenience store. Technical concierge. Tennis court. Tour/sightseeing desk. Train access. Transportation. Transportation services - local area. Transportation services - local office. Turndown service. Valet cleaning. Valet parking. Video checkout. Video review billing. Video tapes. Wakeup service. Water sports. Welcome drink. Whirlpool. Wireless internet connection in public areas.
Please note map locations may based on either the address, the town or based on the location of the listed properties zip / postcode.
Location details / directions
Saint John Airport (YSJ) 123.00 Km SW. Fredericton Airport (YFC) 145.00 Km SW. Bangor Intl Airport (BGR) 250.00 Km SE.
Starting at ATLANTIC SALMON INTERPRETIVE CENTRE Situated in Chamcook-approximately 5 minutes by car from downtown St. Andrews. Start out going SOUTHWEST on ADOLPHUS ST toward CARLETON ST. Turn RIGHT onto PARR ST. PARR ST becomes REED AVE. REED AVE becomes PROVINCIAL SECONDARY ROUTE 127. Turn LEFT onto RANKINE MILL RD (Portions unpaved). End at 15 Rankine Mill Road Chamcook- NB E5B
Starting at KINGSBRAE GARDEN Start out going NORTHEAST on ADOLPHUS ST toward PRINCE OF WALES ST. Turn RIGHT onto PRINCE OF WALES ST Turn LEFT onto KING ST End at 220 King St St Andrews- NB E5B 1Y8
Starting at ROSS MEMORIAL MUSEUM Start out going SOUTHWEST on ADOLPHUS ST toward CARLETON ST. Turn LEFT onto MONTAGUE ST. End at 188 Montague St St Andrews- NB E5B 1J2
Starting at SUNBURY SHORES ARTS - NATURE CENTRE Start out going SOUTHWEST on ADOLPHUS ST toward MONTAGUE ST Turn LEFT onto WATER ST End at 139 Water Street Saint Andrews- NB E5B
Starting at THE CHOCOLATE MUSEUM Start out going SOUTHWEST on ADOLPHUS ST toward CARLETON ST. Turn RIGHT onto PARR ST. PARR ST becomes REED AVE. Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto BAYVIEW DR- PROVINCIAL SECONDARY ROUTE 127. Continue to follow PROVINCIAL SECONDARY ROUTE 127. Turn LEFT to take the HWY-1 W- RTE-1 O ramp toward ST STEPHEN. Merge onto PROVINCIAL ROUTE 1. Enter next roundabout and take 2nd exit onto KING ST- PROVINCIAL ROUTE 1- PROVINCIAL ROUTE 3. Turn RIGHT onto MILLTOWN BLVD- PROVINCIAL ROUTE 1. End at 73 Milltown Blvd St Stephen- NB E3L 1G5
Starting at Saint John Airport Turn left onto Route 111 to Saint John At exit 137 turn left onto Provincial Route 1 Follow Route 1 past St. George to exit 39 Take exit 39 onto Provincial Route 127 South Route 127 will bring you into St. Andrews At the four way stop - drive straight two blocks on Parr Street to Adolphus Street Turn left up Adolphus and the Hotel will become visible on your left. The drive is approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes
Starting at Fredericton Airport Follow Highway 102 toward Fredericton Turn left onto the Nevers Road At end of this road turn right onto Route 2 Follow until you reach exit 258 for St Andrews-St Stephen and turn onto Route 3 Follow Route 3 past Harvey Station and ensure you turn left to stay on Route 3 at the Junction for Route 4 At Lawrence Station turn onto Highway 127 Highway 127 will take you into St. Andrews At the four way stop - drive straight two blocks on Parr Street to Adolphus Street. Turn left up Adolphus and the Hotel will become visible on your left.+ The driving is approx. 1 hour and 45 minutes
Starting at Bangor Intl Airport Follow route 9 to Canada-US border into St Stephen NB and take Hwy 1 East to Hwy 127 South Take 127 into town of St Andrews At stop sign turn left onto Harriet St. Turn right onto Prince of Wales The driving time is approx. 2 hours and 20 minutes.
Near to the following attractions
Atlantic Salmon Interpretive Centre
- The Atlantic Salmon Federation
- s Conservation Centre consists of four beautiful post-and-beam buildings. Inside you can learn about Atlantic Salmon through the interactive displays and exhibits- or explore the its natural beauty and mysteries
- 2 hrs
- 6 hrs
- This Canadian island lies just off shore of the most eastern town in the United States- Lubec- Maine. Campobello is accessed from the mainland by the Franklin D. Roosevelt Campobello International Bridge.
- 30 mins
- 4.5 hrs
- Children will enjoy the play area with swings - monkey bars and slides. The Children
- s Program offers a range of activity - from Arts and Crafts to Campouts.
- 2 hrs
Huntsman Marine Science Centre
- Located in St.Andrews- the Aquarium + Museum section is part of the Huntsman Marine Science Centre. It features exhibits about local marine and freshwater environment. Highlights include: a large touch pool- a family of harbour seals
- 6 hrs
- KINGSBRAE GARDEN Located a short walk from the resort-Kingsbrae Garden was named one of Canada
- s Top Ten Public Gardens- and was also a 2001 Attractions Canada national winner for Best Developed Outdoor Site.
La Malbaie QC
- 7.5 or 9.5 hrs
- Ministers Island was purchased by Canada
- s visionary railway builder Sir William Van Horne in 1890. It is accessed via a short drive across the ocean floor (at low tide).
- 3 hrs
- 9 hrs
- 4 hrs
Quebec City QC
- 7.5 hrs
Ross Memorial Museum
- Henry Phipps and Sarah Juliette Ross were world travellers- avid collectors of art and antiques and generous philanthropists. In 1938 they purchased beautiful Chestnut Hall (c.1824) specifically as a museum for their collection.
Sunbury Shores Arts - Nature Centre
- Sunbury Shores Arts + Nature Centre offers courses and workshops that use the rich natural environment of the region as a source of artistic inspiration and scientific exploration.
Saint John NB
- 1 hr
- Born December 1, 2007, Smudge was originally trained to be a guide dog with Canadian Guide Dogs for the Blind. As Canine Ambassador, Smudge will happily greet guests in the lobby and will be available for walks around the charming town of St. Andrews
St Stephen NB
- 30 mins
The Chocolate Museum
- A Canadian First- opened in June of 1999. It is a must for all Chocoholics! Devoted to the wonder of Chocolate- it displays the history of Ganong Bros. Limited- candy makers in St. Stephen since 1873.
US - CDA border
- 30 mins
Saint John Airport
Bangor Intl Airport
Any prices displayed for The Algonquin should be used as a guide only and may vary with room and dates chosen. Lower pricing may be available via the booking system if available. Not all properties are available for online booking. Please note all distances shown are approximate, and may not reflect driving or travel distances.