Places to stay in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia
We currently have 49 accommodations in and around Lunenburg with other regional listings available for Motor Inns, Bed & Breakfasts, RV parks, Hotels and other properties. You can filter listings by the available types:
Lunenburg is a town in Nova Scotia, registered as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and was the winner of the Prettiest Painted Places in Canada. A view from Lunenburg's beautiful waterfront today will take in many established marine industries. A diversified economy based on the fisheries, tourism and manufacturing has become firmly entrenched in Lunenburg. Enjoy historic architecture, working waterfront, walking tours, seafood and local specialties, +180 shops and services, fine art, golf courses, festivals, Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic, Knaut Rhuland House Museum and Capt. Angus J. Walters House Museum and many other attractions. Places to eat in the region include Bluenose Lodge Casual Dining, Good Luck Restaurant, J3 Pizza, and Fleur de Sel.
Wondering where to stay? Lodging options in the town are mainly limited to Bed and Breakfast type accommodations, though there are a few nearby hotels. If you are travelling in the area, Lunenburg is located close to Stanford Lake, Porter Cove, Broad Cove, Martins River and Southern Head.
Looking for somewhere to eat? Locate Lunenburg dining.
Not the town you are looking for? Try our Town Search, or use the Advanced Google Search above.
Selected and best reviewed properties in Lunenburg
Other local Lunenburg information and places to visit.
- Longitude: -64°19'7.8074
- Latitude: 44°22'37.219
Things to see and do
North Shore Canadian Art
Located at 8 Linden Avenue. Inuit Soapstone Carvings, Historically important paintings, etchings and woodblocks by listed Canadian artists c.1860-1975.
Artchoices At Sue Beaver's Place
Located at 251 Lincoln Street. ArtChoices at Sue Beaver’s Place is a small gallery in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia featuring an eclectic mix of emerging and established Nova Scotian artists. There are watercolours, oils, acrylics, baskets, jewellery, and more.
Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic
Located at 68 Bluenose Drive, PO Box 1363. The breath-taking Lunenburg waterfront is the home of the world-class Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic. This Museum commemorates the fishing heritage of the Atlantic Coast of Canada. Housed in brightly painted red buildings, with floating vessels at wharfside, the Museum offers a host of attractions and nautical Gift Shop.
Located at 22 Pleasant Street. The village of Chester is a seaside resort with a small year round population that more than doubles in July and August. The Chester Playhouse, on the main street, was originally a movie theatre built in 1938 and converted for live entertainment in 1963 when the Chester Jesters presented the first summer productions on stage.
Lunenburg is close to:
Closed, unlisted or renamed properties
- Little Lake Family Campground located at Centre - may now be known as Little Lake Family Campground.
- Boatbuilder's Cottage located at 29 Falkland Street closed or delisted.
- Beach Haven located at P.O Box 814 closed or delisted.
- The Senator Bed and Breakfast located at 66 McDonald Street - may now be known as Alicion Bed & Breakfast.
- Summer House Bed & Breakfast located at 149 Lawrence Street closed or delisted.
- Buttercup Cottage located at 410 Herman's Island Road closed or delisted.
- The Anchorage at Deep Cove Vacation Rentals located at Deep Cove Road closed or delisted.
- Prince's Inlet Retreat located at 135 Hermans Island Road - may now be known as Prince's Inlet Retreat.
- Rose Garden Bed & Breakfast located at 6 Lorne Street closed or delisted.
- Amber House Bed and Breakfast located at 67 Dufferin Street closed or delisted.