Places to stay in Halifax, Nova Scotia
We currently have 58 accommodations in and around Halifax with other regional listings available for Inns, Campsites, Motor Inns, Hotels and other properties. You can filter listings by the available types:
Halifax is the commercial centre of Atlantic Canada. It is a safe, clean municipality home to charming seaside communities, sparkling coves and miles of rugged Atlantic shoreline. The municipality encompasses the former cities of Halifax and Dartmouth, the Town of Bedford and the County of Halifax - an area larger than Prince Edward Island, and home to forty percent of the province's population. Places to eat in the region include Pipa Restaurant & Bar, Far East Cuisine, A & W Restaurant, and Battered Fish Restaurant Food Court.
Wondering where to stay? Visitors have access to a large number of hotels in the town, though there are a large number of nearby Bed and Breakfasts. If you are travelling in the area, Halifax is located close to Bens Lake, Goodwood, Bakeapple Bog, Base des Forces canadiennes Halifax and Grassy Lake.
Trying to find dining options in Halifax? Look for places to eat in Halifax.
Not the town you are looking for? Try our Town Search, or use the Advanced Google Search above.
Selected and best reviewed properties in Halifax
More about the areas accommodations and tourism
Halifax offers excellent cuisine, live theatre, a professional symphony, numerous art galleries, museums, and the excitement of city living, the charms of small-town life and the pristine beauty of nature all in one place.
Other local Halifax information and places to visit.
- Longitude: -63°34'31.150
- Latitude: 44°38'55.905
Things to see and do
Dartmouth Players Society
Located at Dartmouth. Dartmouth Players is an amateur theatre group dedicated to promoting and encouraging the growth of community theatre
Hockey Nova Scotia
Located at 6300 Lady Hammond Road, Suite 200. Hockey Nova Scotia is the governing body for amateur hockey across the province that leads, develops and promotes positive hockey experiences.
The Links At Montague
Located at Montague Estates. Woven through hardwood stands, historic farm fields and orchards is The Links at Montague – Metro Halifax's only 9 hole executive golf course and academy.
Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
Located at 1675 Lower Water Street. The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic is the marine history division of the Nova Scotia Museum a family of 27 museums operated by the Province of Nova Scotia.
Halifax is close to:
Closed or unlisted properties
- Moony Resort located at 1869 Upper Water Street closed or delisted.
- Julie's Walk Bed & Breakfast located at 17 Julie's Walk closed or delisted.
- The Pepperberry Bed and Breakfast located at 2688 Joseph Howe Drive closed or delisted.
- Garden View Bed and Breakfast located at 6052 Williams Street closed or delisted.
- Welcome Inn Halifax Bed and Breakfast located at 1984 Connaught Avenue closed or delisted.
- Captain Spry Bed and Breakfast located at 198 Herring Cove Road closed or delisted.
- Château Bedford at 133 Kearney Lake Road may have been previously known as Holiday Inn
- Marriott Harbourfront Hotel at 1919 Upper Water Street may have been previously known as Casino Nova Scotia Hotel
- Waverley Inn at 1266 Barrington Street may have been previously known as Halifax Waverley Inn
- Atlantica Hotel at 1980 Robie Street may have been previously known as Holiday Inn Select
- Inn At Fisherman's Cove at 1531 Shore Road may have been previously known as Inn At Fishermans Cove
- Delta Hotels at 1990 Barrington Street, Scotia Square may have been previously known as Delta Halifax
- The Hollis Halifax - A DoubleTree Suites By Hilton at 1649 Hollis Street may have been previously known as Radisson Suites Hotel
- Coastal Inn Halifax at 98 Chain Lake Drive may have been previously known as Lakeview Inn and Suites Halifax
- Comfort Inn at 560 Bedford Highway may have been previously known as Econo Lodge
- Hampton Downtown at 1960 Brunswick Street may have been previously known as Citadel Halifax Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites at 980 Parkland Drive may have been previously known as Quality Inn
- The Barrington Hotel at 1875 Barrington Street may have been previously known as Delta Barrington