Places to stay in Halifax, Nova Scotia
We currently have 58 accommodations in and around Halifax with other regional listings available for Inns, Campsites, Motor Inns, Hotels and other properties. You can filter listings by the available types:
Halifax is the commercial centre of Atlantic Canada. It is a safe, clean municipality home to charming seaside communities, sparkling coves and miles of rugged Atlantic shoreline. The municipality encompasses the former cities of Halifax and Dartmouth, the Town of Bedford and the County of Halifax - an area larger than Prince Edward Island, and home to forty percent of the province's population. Places to eat in the region include Pipa Restaurant & Bar, Far East Cuisine, A & W Restaurant, and Battered Fish Restaurant Food Court.
Wondering where to stay? Visitors have access to a large number of hotels in the town, though there are a large number of nearby Bed and Breakfasts. If you are travelling in the area, Halifax is located close to Beaver Lake, Archies Point, Gunning Rock, Indian Harbour and Bissett Lake.
Trying to find dining options in Halifax? Look for places to eat in Halifax.
Not the town you are looking for? Try our Town Search, or use the Advanced Google Search above.
Selected and best reviewed properties in Halifax
More about the areas accommodations and tourism
Halifax offers excellent cuisine, live theatre, a professional symphony, numerous art galleries, museums, and the excitement of city living, the charms of small-town life and the pristine beauty of nature all in one place.
Other local Halifax information and places to visit.
- Longitude: -63°34'31.150
- Latitude: 44°38'55.905
Things to see and do
Dartmouth Players Society
Located at Dartmouth. Dartmouth Players is an amateur theatre group dedicated to promoting and encouraging the growth of community theatre
Hockey Nova Scotia
Located at 6300 Lady Hammond Road, Suite 200. Hockey Nova Scotia is the governing body for amateur hockey across the province that leads, develops and promotes positive hockey experiences.
The Links At Montague
Located at Montague Estates. Woven through hardwood stands, historic farm fields and orchards is The Links at Montague – Metro Halifax's only 9 hole executive golf course and academy.
Maritime Museum of the Atlantic
Located at 1675 Lower Water Street. The Maritime Museum of the Atlantic is the marine history division of the Nova Scotia Museum a family of 27 museums operated by the Province of Nova Scotia.
Halifax is close to:
Closed, unlisted or renamed properties
- Holiday Inn located at 133 Kearney Lake Road - may now be known as Château Bedford.
- Casino Nova Scotia Hotel located at 1919 Upper Water Street - may now be known as Marriott Harbourfront Hotel.
- Halifax Waverley Inn located at 1266 Barrington Street - may now be known as Waverley Inn.
- Moony Resort located at 1869 Upper Water Street closed or delisted.
- Holiday Inn Select located at 1980 Robie Street - may now be known as Atlantica Hotel.
- Julie's Walk Bed & Breakfast located at 17 Julie's Walk closed or delisted.
- The Pepperberry Bed and Breakfast located at 2688 Joseph Howe Drive closed or delisted.
- Inn At Fishermans Cove located at 1531 Shore Road - may now be known as Inn At Fisherman's Cove.
- Delta Halifax located at 1990 Barrington Street - may now be known as Delta Hotels.
- Garden View Bed and Breakfast located at 6052 Williams Street closed or delisted.
- Welcome Inn Halifax Bed and Breakfast located at 1984 Connaught Avenue closed or delisted.
- Radisson Suites Hotel located at 1649 Hollis Street - may now be known as The Hollis Halifax - A DoubleTree Suites By Hilton.
- Lakeview Inn and Suites Halifax located at 98 Chain Lake Drive - may now be known as Coastal Inn Halifax.
- Econo Lodge located at 560 Bedford Highway - may now be known as Comfort Inn.
- Citadel Halifax Hotel located at 1960 Brunswick Street - may now be known as Hampton Downtown.
- Quality Inn located at 980 Parkland Drive - may now be known as Holiday Inn Express & Suites.
- Captain Spry Bed and Breakfast located at 198 Herring Cove Road closed or delisted.
- Delta Barrington located at 1875 Barrington Street - may now be known as The Barrington Hotel.