Places to stay in Sydney, Nova Scotia
We currently have 32 accommodations in and around Sydney with other regional listings available for B&B's, Campsites, Hotels, Motels and other properties. You can filter listings by the available types:
Sydney is a community in Nova Scotia. It is situated on the east coast of Cape Breton Island. Local restaurants include Peking Restaurant, Gio’s Seafood Chowder Bus, The Old Triangle Irish Alehouse, and Joes Warehouse.
Wondering where to stay? Lodging options in the community are mainly limited to Bed and Breakfast type accommodations, though there are a few nearby hotels. If you are travelling in the area, Sydney is located close to Kellys Point, Mainwaring Island, MacLeans Point, Indian Brook and MacLeods Point.
Trying to find dining options in Sydney? Look for places to eat in Sydney.
Not the town you are looking for? Try our Town Search, or use the Advanced Google Search above.
Selected and best reviewed properties in Sydney
More about the areas accommodations and tourism
Sydney is the largest urban centre on Cape Breton Island. Together with Sydney Mines, North Sydney, New Waterford and Glace Bay it forms the Industrial Cape Breton region.
Other local Sydney information and places to visit.
- Longitude: -60°11'39.206
- Latitude: 46°8'12.443
- Sydney, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia
Things to see and do
Dooly's Billiard Room
Located at 65 Pitt Street. Dooly's has eighty-eight licensed pool or billiard halls in Canada. Come see what playing pool is all about at our quality billiard or pool rooms, clubs or parlors in seven different provinces.
Dooly's Glace Bay
Located at 7 Sterling Road. Dooly's has eighty-eight licensed pool or billiard halls in Canada. Come see what playing pool is all about at our quality billiard or pool rooms, clubs or parlors in seven different provinces.
UCCB Capers Athletics
Located at PO Box 5300. The Department of Athletics at the University College of Cape Breton, ourcoaches, and student athletes are looking forward to a new competitive season and the opportunity to work towards new heights. We appreciate your support and your encouragement!
Casino Nova Scotia - Sydney
Located at 525 George Street. While visiting beautiful Cape Breton, step into Casino Nova Scotia Sydney, home of the HOT SLOTS! With over 390 slot machines and table games, our Sydney Casino is a sure bet for non-stop excitement! Looser Slots! Hot Jackpots! More Winning! All day, every day! Sign up for Player's Club FREE and PLAY your way to more chances to WIN!
Sydney is close to:
Closed, unlisted or renamed properties
- A Charming Victorian Bed & Breakfast located at 115 George Street closed or delisted.
- Purcell Place Bed & Breakfast located at 596 Coxheath Road closed or delisted.
- Delta located at 300 Esplanade - may now be known as Holiday Inn Waterfront.
- Mahoney J R Contracting Ltd located at 80 Marine Drive closed or delisted.
- Days Inn located at 480 Kings Road - may now be known as Travelodge.
- Sangaree Campground located at 217 Sangaree Road closed or delisted.
- Quality Inn located at 560 Kings Road - may now be known as Hearthstone Inn.
- Cormorant Tourist Home B&B located at 2042 King's Road closed or delisted.
- George & Gottage B&B located at 808 George Street closed or delisted.
- B&B On Blacketts Lake located at 1775 Coxheath Road closed or delisted.