Places to stay in Amherst, Nova Scotia
We currently have 22 accommodations in and around Amherst with other regional listings available for RV parks, Motels, Hotels, Bed & Breakfasts and other properties. You can filter listings by the available types:
Amherst is a town in northwestern Cumberland County, Nova Scotia which is located at the northeast end of the Cumberland Basin, an arm of the Bay of Fundy. Amherst has decided to celebrate murals and it's many historical phenomenons and a grand scale, bringing the town alive with color and activity. Amherst has many wonderful beaches in its surrounding area, where the water is the warmest north of the Carolinas. Local restaurants include Deluxe French Fries, Loon Onn Restaurant, Szeto's Wok, and Wendy's Restaurant.
Wondering where to stay? Visitors have access to a number of hotels in the town, though there are a few nearby Bed and Breakfasts. If you are travelling in the area, Amherst is located close to North River, South Brook, River Hébert, South Branch Memramcook River and Glenville.
Trying to find dining options in Amherst? Look for places to eat in Amherst.
Not the town you are looking for? Try our Town Search, or use the Advanced Google Search above.
Selected and best reviewed properties in Amherst
Other local Amherst information and places to visit.
- Longitude: -64°13'0.1941
- Latitude: 45°49'0.0012
Things to see and do
Keillor House Museum
Located at 4974 Main Street. Yorkshire immigrant John Keillor built this gem of early Regency architecture. Costumed guides lead visitors through the elegantly furnished rooms and interpret nineteenth century life.
Springhill Miners' Museum
Located at Black River Road P.O. Box 1000. Tour the depths of a Springhill coal mine, famous in song and legend, with knowledgeable guides. Hear stories of the disaster of 1891, the 1916 subterranean fire which raged through the galleries, the loss of 39 men in the 1956 explosion and the major "bump" in 1958 which killed 75 men.
Anne Murray Centre
Located at 36 Main Street Box 610. "From Springhill to the World." The Anne Murray Centre pays tribute to the achievements of Springhill's internationally acclaimed singing superstar, Anne Murray. A series of award-winning three-dimensional and audio-visual displays feature awards, memorabilia and highlights of her exciting career together with a special exhibit of the dramatic story of her hometown. The gift shop features quality souvenirs and treasures from Atlantic artisans. Operated by: Anne Murray Centre Society.
Fort Beausejour Museum
Located at Aulac. Constructed by the French military in 1751, Fort Beauséjour was designed to defend the territory west of the Missaguash River (now the province of New Brunswick) during the French & Indian War. In 1755, after a short siege, the fortification was captured by the British colonial troops under the command of Col. Robert Monckton and renamed Fort Cumberland. It was occupied until 1835. This Parks Canada heritage facility contains the ruins of the original French Fort, outdoor interpretive displays, multi-media exhibits focussing on 18th military conflict between Britain and France and the expulsion of the Acadian people, and a museum containing artifacts related to the area and the construction of Chignecto Ship Railway (the Webster Collection). Wheelchair accessible.
Amherst is close to:
Closed, unlisted or renamed properties
- Company Inn, 61 Havelock Street