Big Tree Cottage
Big Tree Cottage is a cottage located in Quadra Island. This all you need island cottage, is nestled in the warmth of the mature forest surrounded by large fir trees, and a fern carpeted wooded floor. The romantic outdoor bath tub for two, is a treat to remember.
Places to eat within 5km of Big Tree Cottage include Lovin Oven, Jigger's Grill, Moxie's Classic Grill, and Harbour Grill.
Quick navigate Quadra Island Cottages and Cabins
The information displayed here is displayed 'as is'. Also check the website ( if listed ) for up-to-date information, prices and availability. Stay Canada is not responsible for the content of external websites. If you are the owner or operator of Big Tree Cottage and wish to update or modify the content on this page including room details, specials and getaways or availability, please use our submission page.
Reviews for Big Tree Cottage, Quadra Island
The comments and opinions expressed on this page are those of visitors to this site, and not of and or its parent companies.
Big Tree Cottage
My boyfriend and I wanted to celebrate our 5 year anniversary at Quadra Island. He booked a 3 night stay at the Big Tree Cottage. We were truly excited to go. However when we got there it was not what we saw on their website. We decide not to stay and lost our $200 deposit. See below for what we experienced.
- The cabin was ajecent to an industrial area with lots of heavy machinery and building equipment lying around. It looked as if a major construction or logging project was on the way.
- The cabin was located much further from water than what we were told on the phone.
- The location was unsafe due to lack of lighting around the cabin.
- The road access to the cabin was not unsuitable for city cars because it was neither paved nor graveled over. We scraped the bottom of our car on a couple of boulders on the way to the cabin.
- There was no dedicated parking space available for the car.
- Roots and boulders scattered throughout the area made it unsafe for walking.
- There was no railing around the deck of the cabin even though it was a couple of feet off the ground.
- There were no curtains nor blinds on the windows to provide some privacy for the guests in the cabin.
- No one was available to greet us at the check in time and help address any of our questions or concerns.
Please note map locations may based on either the address, the town or based on the location of the listed properties zip / postcode.
Any prices displayed for Big Tree Cottage should be used as a guide only and may vary with room and dates chosen. Lower pricing may be available via the booking system if available. Not all properties are available for online booking. Please note all distances shown are approximate, and may not reflect driving or travel distances.