Best Western City Centre / Centre - Ville, Quebec City, Quebec
Best Western City Centre / Centre - Ville is a hotel located in Quebec City.
Reviews for Best Western City Centre / Centre - Ville, Quebec City
The comments and opinions expressed on this page are those of visitors to this site, and not of and or its parent companies.
Fri 02 Jul 2010
Positives: The lobby was nice and the service was good. Everything was clean and there was internet access in the lobby. It was close to tourist areas.
Negatives: A type of room is not guaranteed. We ended up getting only 1 bed, though we were a family of 3.
Comments: Close to tourist attractions. Clean, good service, family-friendly, and good price. However, the type of room isn't guaranteed and you don't get to choose the type of room. Other than that, this hotel was great.
Sun 27 Jun 2010
Positives: Late check-in, friendly staff.
Negatives: 20 dollars for parking. 1/2 hour or more walk to old town.
Comments: Lucky to find parking space on street. Far from old town - not really walking distance. Staff friendly and helpful. Room comfortable & clean.
Thu 24 Jun 2010
Positives: The staff was very nice! The room was very big and good for our puppy.
Negatives: The swimming pool was a little dirty, but it wasn't so bad.
Comments: I would love to come back to the same hotel. It was clean, lovely and met all my expectations. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who would like o travel to Quebec. It was in a very good location.
Sun 20 Jun 2010
Positives: Size of room and friendliness of staff.
Negatives: Poor quality of buffet breakfast at 10:30 am.
Comments: The hotel was easy to find and centrally located in downtown Quebec City. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. The room was clean, spacious and the beds very comfortable. The bathroom was pleasant and well-equipped.
Thu 13 May 2010
Positives: Cheap price obtained through Priceline BID.
Negatives: Noisy rooms, outdated building and premises.
Stayed here with my spouse as we obtained a good deal through Priceline bidding. Hotel is older and in need of some more upgrades, you can tell they've been attempting to upgrade. Location is in an older central location of downtown Quebec City, about 10-15 minute walk to the north part of OLD Quebec, the area of most interest to visitors. We had a room next to the elevator on the 4th floor. Fairly good size room but nothing special. Decor is outdated and the beds were not very comfortable. Our room overlooked the restaurant below. Elevator noise was not a problem, but every other noise in the hotel was. Easy to hear guests in the rooms above and beside us, even worse from the hallway. The worst though was the noise from the restaurant 4 floors below outside our window. You could practically hear the guests ordering and every time they picked up and put down a plate/glass. The hotel was pretty simple and basic, and if you're looking for a hotel with something more than just a place to lay your head, and you're a pretty sound sleeper.
<BR/>. I'd give this a solid 2 star since overall it was at least clean and provided most basic amenities you'd expect from a hotel.
Sun 11 Apr 2010
Positives: The staff were very helpfull and friendly. Valet service excellent.
Negatives: We liked evreything and will return.
Comments: We were greeted with friendly smiles and the valets were curtious. Our baggage was brought to our room with the bellboy. He was curtious and very helpful.
Sun 10 Jan 2010
Positives: Bright, attractive lobby, and restaurant.
Negatives: Restaurant service very slow, and pricey for quality of food.
Comments: Modern hotel with excellent amenities. No on site parking available. Expensive restaurant.
Thu 17 Dec 2009
Positives: Helpful & friendly staff, quick service on a couple of occasions staff went out of their way to help.
Negatives: I had to think hard to find something, exercise room a bit small hot tub needs to be hotter.
Comments: We found this hotel to be very friendly all the staff including desk housekeeping, maintenance and dining room were great.
Wed 09 Dec 2009
Positives: Big, well laid out room; friendly staff.
Negatives: Noise from restaurant and pool area could be heard in room.
Comments: The hotel itself is very nice. However, rooms on the inner side of the halls (like the one we stayed in) have old, thin windows that look out onto the pool and restaurant. It was a beautiful hotel. Much higher end than I would generally expect from a Best Western. Free and reliable high-speed Internet is becoming a rare treat which this hotel had.
Sat 24 Oct 2009
Positives: Though the room was small, the location and shopping were very good.
Negatives: Love hot tubs but their's is not hot enough! Only disappointment.
Comments: It was a great bargain for the price accepted. The room was nicely furnished with safe. Important when traveling with a passport.
Sun 18 Oct 2009
Positives: Location very good for New and Old City of Quebec.
Negatives: Nothing negative to report.
Comments: My wife and I (in our early 60s) found this hotel to be in easy walking distance to the Old City, close to the cruise ship terminal for our eventual departure, and close to numerous amenities. There is a very good restaurant in the hotel, but 1/2 block away is a Van Houtte coffee outlet that also has full breakfasts, lunch etc. The staff at this Best Western could not have been friendlier and we received a newly refurbished room. We have noted comments - possibly on this site - that the rooms are small, but from memory, the basic rooms at a couple of the Fairmont chain are about the same size and 3 times more expensive. The bed was very comfortable, there was minimal outside traffic noise (with the window open all night) and the room was fully equipped with a new coffee maker, plus all the expected amenities (no fridge however). There were a number of pre-cruise guests staying at this hotel and everyone was pleased with the service, especially front desk and concierge. We did not use a rental car or our own vehicle, so cannot comment on the parking arrangement of valet-only parking nearby. Due to an error by our air miles reward provider, the paperwork was not correctly processed for the hotel to bill our travel miles redemption center. Again, a very helpful young lady at the front desk made the necessary telephone calls to our air miles company and had it all sorted out in a matter of 10 minutes or so. All-in-all a very pleasant stay in a wonderful hotel and city.
Mon 07 Sep 2009
Positives: Location, efficient, helpful staff.
Negatives: Nothing worth noting in this category.
Comments: Wonderful value for the money. Clean, modern hotel situated in Central Quebec City.
Thu 03 Sep 2009
Negatives: Too far from old city.
Comments: Pleasantly pleased except that we would like to have been closer to the old city. That, however, is not the fault of the hotel. (Long walk up steep hills to get there.)
Tue 18 Aug 2009
Positives: Friendly staff throughout, elevators available and convenient.
Negatives: Location, expensive parking, small room, overpriced, no refrigerator.
Comments: Comfortable bed, clean, friendly staff, otherwise disappointing for the price.
Quick navigate Quebec City Hotels
Please note map locations may based on either the address, the town or based on the location of the listed properties zip / postcode.
Location details / directions
·From: The north. Take Highway 73/Laurentien. Laurentien becomes Dorchester Street, turn left on Du Roi Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS City Centre/Centre-Ville is located at the corner of Du Roi and de la Couronne, across the street from the Quebec City Public Library. ·From: The south. Take Highway 20 (Trans Canada Highway), cross over the bridge Pierre Laporte and follow Henri IV North (73 North). Follow the traffic signs to the exit for the 440 East (Charest Boulevard East). Follow this route
Near to the following attractions
- On Premises:
- La Serre, continental cuisine, hours opened 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Adjacent:
- Downtown Restaurant, continental cuisine, hours opened 12:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Dunkin' Donuts, fast food, 24-hours
- Subway Restaurant, fast food, hours opened 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Postino Restaurant, Italian, hours opened 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- Le Sainte Victoire Bistro, continental cuisine, hours opened 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m. Nearby:
- 1 kilometer from Edward Pub, English pub, continental cuisine, from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Rothmans Benson & Hedges Incorporated
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from CGI
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Television Radio Canada - Television Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Cognicase Incorporated
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Stadacona Papers Company
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Television Quatre-Saisons, television broadcast company, TQS
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from S.A.A.Q.
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Desjardins
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from ABB Bomen Company
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Ubisoft
- 6.00 kilometer(s) from C.H.U.L. Hospital
- 30.00 kilometer(s) from Stoneham Ski Station and Resort
- 40.00 kilometer(s) from Mont St-Anne Ski Station and Resort
- 80.00 kilometer(s) from LeMassif Ski Station and Resort
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Sainte-Foy
- 20.00 kilometer(s) from Levis
- 25.00 kilometer(s) from Sainte-Anne de Beaupre
- 37.00 kilometer(s) from Sainte-Marie de Beauce
- 50.00 kilometer(s) from Montmagny
- 80.00 kilometer(s) from Saint-Georges de Beauce
- 80.00 kilometer(s) from Trois-Rivieres
- 120 kilometer(s) from La Malbaie
- 153 kilometer(s) from Drummondville
- 253 kilometer(s) from Montreal
- 255 kilometer(s) from Laval
- 451 kilometer(s) from Hull
- 0.50 kilometer(s) from E.N.A.P. (Public Administration National School)
- 1.00 kilometer(s) from Quebec University
- 6.00 kilometer(s) from Universite Laval
- Movie theater: 0 kilometer(s) from Discotheque Boudoir Lounge/Dance, adjacent
- .5 kilometer(s) from Old Quebec, Walking tours, major touristic attractions, Winter Carnival, Summer Festival, New France celebrations, International Military Band festival and International Pee-Wee Tournament.
- .5 kilometer(s) from Vieux Port/Old Port
- .5 kilometer(s) from E.N.A.P. (Public Administration National School)
- 1 kilometer(s) from Quebec University
- 1 kilometer(s) from Centre de Foires de Quebec, convention center for special events
- 1 kilometer(s) from Palais de Justice, court house
- 1 kilometer(s) from Provincial and Federal buildings
- 1 kilometer(s) from ice-skating
- 1 kilometer(s) from Hypodrome de Quebec, horse racetrack
- 1 kilometer(s) from Centre des Congres de Quebec, convention center
- 1 kilometer(s) from Hospital, Hotel-Dieu
- 1 kilometer(s) from Exhibition Centre
- 1 kilometer(s) from Quebec City Convention Center
- 1 kilometer(s) from Palais Montcalm
- 2 kilometer(s) from Grand Theatre de Quebec, concert hall
- 2 kilometer(s) from Place Fleur de Lys, shopping mall with 267 stores
- 2 kilometer(s) from Museum de la Civilisation, one of the largest museum in the Province of Quebec
- 2 kilometer(s) from Museum du Quebec, provincial museum
- 5 kilometer(s) from jet skiing
- 5 kilometer(s) from playground
- 5 kilometer(s) from racquetball courts
- 9 kilometer(s) from Place Laurier, shopping mall with 350 stores
- 9 kilometer(s) from Place Sainte-Foy, shopping mall with 200 stores
- 10 kilometer(s) from tennis, volleyball and squash courts
- 10 kilometer(s) from rafting
- 10 kilometer(s) from Galeries de la Capitale , shopping mall with 200 stores including an amusement park
- 15 kilometer(s) from snowmobiling
- 15 kilometer(s) from golf course
- 18 kilometer(s) from beach
- 20 kilometer(s) from snow skiing
- 20 kilometer(s) from horseback riding
- 30 kilometer(s) from fishing
- 30 kilometer(s) from Stoneham Ski Station and Resort
- 40 kilometer(s) from Mont St-Anne Ski Station and Resort
- 80 kilometer(s) from LeMassif Ski Station and Resort
- Taxi Quebec, 418-525-8123, cost approximately $28.50 CAD one way. Limousine A-1, 418-523-5059, cost approximately $50.00 CAD one way. Hertz Car Rental, 800-263-0678. Avis Car Rental, 800-321-3652. Budget Car Rental, 800-268-8970 . Thrifty Car Rental, 800-847-4389. Orleans Express, 888-999-3977
- 1.2 kilometer(s) from Quebec bus terminal and Via Rail train station, Quebec City, 888-842-7245. 50 meters from public bus transportation, RTC, bus stop across the street from hotel, 418-627-2511
- 10 kilometer(s) from Via Rail Train Station Sainte-Foy
- 10 kilometer(s) from Sainte-Foy bus terminal
- 20 kilometer(s) from Quebec Jean Lesage International Airport (YQB)
- 323 kilometer(s) from Montreal International, Pierre-Elliott-Trudeau (Dorval) Airport (YUL)
- 340 kilometer(s) from Mirabel International Airport (YMX)
- 2.00 kilometer(s) from Place Fleur de Lys, shopping mall
- 9.00 kilometer(s) from Laurier Quebec, shopping mall
- 9.00 kilometer(s) from Place Sainte-Foy, shopping mall
- 10.00 kilometer(s) from Galeries de la Capitale, shopping mall
Prices should be used as a guide only and may vary with room and dates chosen. Lower pricing may be available via booking system | Please note all distances are approximate, and may not reflect driving or travel distances.