Atlantica Hotel, Halifax, Nova Scotia
This property may also be known as:
- Seasons Bistro & Wine Bar
- Holiday Inn Select
Atlantica Hotel is a hotel located in Halifax. All roads meet at Atlantica Hotel Halifax the premiere location for business or leisure travelers. Convenient access from all major highways and only minutes from the key business shopping districts of the city our hotel offers all the amenities you would expect to find in a Canada Select 4 Star hotel experience PLUS Free high speed Internet access in all our guestrooms and meeting rooms. Spacious well appointed guestrooms at the standard and premium level top notch meeting facilities indoor swimming pool sauna whirlpool and fitness Centre make our Halifax hotel the place to stay and play. Seasons Bistro and Wine Bar overlooking the historic Halifax Commons offers exceptional full service dining throughout the day overlooking the historic Halifax Common. In room dining is also available. Our team of hospitality professionals offers our guests personal and friendly service that will make your Halifax experience truly memorable. The place to stay where small touches will make the difference.
Places to eat within 5km of Atlantica Hotel include Cousins Restaurant, Scanway Catering, Kings Palace Restaurant, and The B-well Sushi & Cafe.
Reviews for Atlantica Hotel, Halifax
The comments and opinions expressed on this page are those of visitors to this site, and not of and or its parent companies.
Thu 24 Nov 2011
Positives: Staff were friendly.
Negatives: Poor beds/baths and accessories.
Comments: Not happy with room poor quality bed. Only one glass in room, toilet leaked had fixed and it still dripped all night. Room heater old and noisy. Should not be rated as a 3+ should only be a 1. I would not have even bid on the room if I had known.
Mon 14 Nov 2011
Positives: The staff was excellent.
Negatives: I had to take a $15 cab ride each way to get anywhere.
Comments: Great hotel for price and comfort but not if you are looking for the downtown Halifax atmosphere.
Wed 26 Oct 2011
Positives: The Aveda bathroom gifts and lemon water in the foyer.
Negatives: Noise from hallway came loudly through the crack around the door.
Mon 17 Oct 2011
Positives: Neighborhood was convenient and the staff was quick and courteous.
Negatives: The price of the room service menu was not consistent with the star level of the hotel. Too expensive. Parking is expensive and the garage is tiny.
Comments: The Atlantica hotel is a perfect place for business travelers. Especially those that like to get out and see the neighborhood or just walk. The commons is right across the street and there are lots of good restaurants and shops nearby. The Staff is very efficient and friendly. Parking is limited and hard to navigate. It was also $17.00 a day.
Thu 13 Oct 2011
Positives: Hot tub, pool, restaurant, location, and room.
Comments: It's great.
Thu 24 Feb 2011
Positives: Good location to get to downtown or the malls..
Negatives: No complaints.
Comments: Nice and quiet, comfortable spacious rooms, friendly staff.
Sun 06 Feb 2011
Positives: Free Internet, clean and comfortable.
Negatives: Cost of parking high.
Comments: Staff friendly, however they did not provide proper snow clearing so there was difficult getting in from the street. When spoke to staff was assured it was being done. When next morning it was in the same mess as was when entered in evening.
Mon 24 Jan 2011
Positives: Clean, near downtown, not to busy.
Negatives: The cost of parking, it was the first time we had to pay for a hotel parking. At almost $20 once you added the tax, that was a shock.
Comments: Clean, family type hotel, the in house prices are high, the staff not very helpful. For example. When asking about a taxi instead of calling for one, we were given the number and told to use the pay phone. As stated they charge for parking, as the city has a parking ban during the winter, you have no choice but to pay. We are shocked still by the almost $20 a night cost for this. We would like to use Priceline again.
Wed 19 Jan 2011
Positives: Underground parking and comfortable beds.
Negatives: Had to be moved because of noisy ice machine.
Comments: The views are spectacular and the rooms have been recently renovated with very comfortable beds.
Tue 18 Jan 2011
Positives: Aveda products in the bathroom.
Comments: Perfect for a short stay in Halifax with safe parking underneath the hotel.
Quick navigate Halifax Hotels
Please note map locations may based on either the address, the town or based on the location of the listed properties zip / postcode.
Location details / directions
Halifax Intl Airport (YHZ) 38.00 Km SW.
Starting at Halifax Intl Airport From Halifax Intl Airport Take Exit 5 Halifax via Bridges and Cross the Mackay Bridge into Halifax. Take Robie Street Exit and follow Robie Street to our location at the corner of Robie and Quinpool Road.
Near to the following attractions
- Dalhousie University – Walking distance to campus including Medical School, Law School, Kenneth C. Rowe Building, Dalhousie Students Union, Rebecca Cohn
Capital Health Science Centre
- Regional Hospital located directly across the street – rates available for business travel and patient stays
World Trade & Convention Centre
- Citys largest convention centre- also featuring the Halifax Metro Centre- home of arena & concert and entertainment venue
Casino Nova Scotia
- Nova Scotias largest Casino – full gaming, slot machines & entertainment
Rebecca Cohn Auditorium
- Performance Venue – on the campus of Dalhousie Unversity
Citadel Hill National Historic Park
- A visit to the Citadel is an educational and enjoyable heritage experience. Guided tours, an audio-visual presentation and modern exhibits communicate the historical themes of the Citadels commemoration as nationally significant in Canadian history
Halifax Shopping Centre
- One of the citys finest shopping destinations with stores including Sears, Winners, WalMart and many boutiques and specialty shops
Citadel Hill National Historic ParkCitadel Hill Na
- A visit to the Citadel is an educational and enjoyable heritage experience. Guided tours an audio-visual presentation and modern exhibits communicate the historical themes of the Citadels commemoration as nationally significant in Canadian history
Museum of Natural History
- Discover the natural wonders of Nova Scotia all under one roof in the heart of Halifax city. Visitors to the Museum of Natural History will have lots to explore in one of our five permanent galleries and changing exhibition area.
- Canada Immigration Museum. Pier 21 honors the unique stories of immigration through our history.
- Canadian Broadcasting Corporation TV and Radio Studios
- Canadian Forces Base Halifax CFB Halifax is Canada east coast navy base and home port to the Atlantic fleet known as Maritime Forces Atlantic
Capital Health Science Centre QEII Health Sciences
- Regional Hospital located directly across the street rates available for business travel and patient stays
World Trade and Convention Centre
- City largest convention centre- also featuring the Halifax Metro Centre- home of arena and concert and entertainment venue
Halifax Intl Airport
Prices should be used as a guide only and may vary with room and dates chosen. Lower pricing may be available via booking system | Please note all distances are approximate, and may not reflect driving or travel distances.