Fort William Historical Park
Fort William Historical Park is a campground / RV park located in Thunder Bay.
• Serviced campsites each with 20/30 AMP, some with 50 AMP & direct water
• Plenty of non-serviced campsites
• Fresh water access, perimeter fencing, toilets, and showers
• Garbage and recycling bins, grey and black water dump station
• Picnic areas with tables
• Canoe/Kayak rentals and access to remote wilderness island hiking trails
• Trading Post with souvenirs, gifts, pop, water & ice sales
• Access to all scheduled public programming
• Free WiFi
• Shaded picnic areas with tables
• Paved wheelchair-accessible paths
Fort William's Evening RV Campfire Program:
Everynight there is a new and exciting family friendly program available to campers after the Fort has closed for the day.
Extend your fun even after the Voyageurs have gone for the day with these fun programs:
Saturday: Community Camp Fire Jamboree
Sunday: Voyageur Games Challenge
Monday: Gifts of the Earth – Natural History Walk & Camp Fire
Tuesday: Heirloom Agriculture Discovery
Wednesday: Muskets and Cannons Military Drill
Thursday: Paddle into the Past - Canoeing Adventure on the Kam River
Friday: Pizza Baking Workshop
And coming in 2012! The David Thompson Astronomical Observatory
*nightly programming June 23-Aug 19 2012
Family Friendly Activities:
Voyageur Canoe Rides
Kids menu in the Cantine
Trading Post Gift Shop
Self-discovery Nature Guide/Walk
Kids Petting Farm
call for complete details
Please contact Reservations for booking’s - (807) 473-2331 or (807) 473-2347
“Relax and enjoy yourselves at the World's Largest Fur Trade Post!”
For more information about Fort William Historical Park camping please visit www.fwhp.ca.
Places to eat within 5km of Fort William Historical Park include Beaux Daddy’s Grillhouse, Ajs Trading Post, Neebing Road House, and Golden Bakery & Pizza.
Quick navigate Thunder Bay Campgrounds and RV Parks
The information displayed here is displayed 'as is'. Also check the website ( if listed ) for up-to-date information, prices and availability. Stay Canada is not responsible for the content of external websites. If you are the owner or operator of Fort William Historical Park and wish to update or modify the content on this page including room details, specials and getaways or availability, please use our submission page.