The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald
The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald is a hotel located in Edmonton. The Historic, Fairmont Hotel Macdonald is Edmontons only Four Diamond rated luxury hotel. The Chateau on the River distinctive guestrooms are well appointed with state-of-the-art amenities. The elegant meeting rooms offer the perfect venue for large or small groups. Stroll through the splendid gardens or visit our well-equipped Macdonald Health Club for a workout. Whether for business or pleasure The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald has the attentive staff and luxurious accommodations to make your stay a graceful complement to the fun that abounds just outside our doors. A stay at the Chateau on the River offers easy walking access to many of the wonderful sites and experiences Edmonton has to offer.
Nearby restaurants include Happy Palace Restaurant, Sunterra Market, All Happy Family Restaurant, and Noodle Noodle Restaurant.
Quick navigate Edmonton Hotels
The information displayed here is displayed 'as is'. Also check the website ( if listed ) for up-to-date information, prices and availability. Stay Canada is not responsible for the content of external websites. If you are the owner or operator of The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald and wish to update or modify the content on this page including room details, specials and getaways or availability, please use our submission page.
24-hour front desk. 24-hour room service. 24-hour security. ATM/Cash machine. Accessible facilities. Accessible parking. Air conditioning. Baby sitting. Baggage hold. Bell staff/porter. Breakfast served in restaurant. Buffet breakfast. Business center. Catering services. Children welcome. Children's nursery. Cocktail lounge. Complimentary in-room coffee or tea. Complimentary newspaper in lobby. Concierge desk. Conference facilities. Continental breakfast. Currency exchange. DVD/video rental. Desk with electrical outlet. Dinner served in restaurant. Dry cleaning. Early check-in. Exercise gym. Exhibition/convention floor. Express check-in. Express check-out. Fire safety compliant. Front desk. Full american breakfast. Full service housekeeping. Gift/News stand. Golf. Hair dryer. Heated guest rooms. High speed internet access for laptop in public areas. Housekeeping - daily. Individual Efolio available. Indoor pool. Interior corridors. Ironing board. Jogging track. Late check-out available. Laundry/Valet service. Lobby coffee service. Lounges/bars. Lunch served in restaurant. Massage services. Meeting rooms. Non-smoking rooms (generic). On-Site parking. Parking. Parking fee managed by hotel. Pets allowed. Photocopy center. Pool. Private bath or shower. Public address system. Public area air conditioned. Restaurant. Room service. Safe deposit box. Sauna. Secured parking. Security. Shoe shine stand. Snow sports. Spa. Street side parking. Technical concierge. Train access. Translation services. Transportation. Transportation services - local office. Turndown service. Valet cleaning. Valet parking. Valet same day dry cleaning. Video checkout. Video review billing. Video tapes. Wakeup service. Whirlpool. Wireless internet connection in public areas.
Please note map locations may based on either the address, the town or based on the location of the listed properties zip / postcode.
Location details / directions
Edmonton Intl Airport (YEG) 29.00 Km S.
Starting at Fort Edmonton Park Location: Fox Drive and Whitemud Drive
Starting at Muttart Conservatory Location: 9626 - 96A Street
Starting at Old Strathcona Historical Area Location: Whyte Avenue.
Starting at Royal Alberta Museum Located in a park just west of downtown Edmonton.
Starting at Rutherford House Historical Site Located at 11153 Saskatchewan Drive - University of Alberta Campus.
Starting at West Edmonton Mall Distance from hotel: 20-minute drive
Starting at Edmonton Intl Airport Take Queen Elizabeth II HWY to city limits. Follow Gateway Blvd (becomes 103 St) and turn right on Saskatchewan Dr. Turn left on 99th St. Cross the Low Level Bridge and go up MacDougall Hill (follow City Centre directional signs). The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald will be on the right-hand side at the op of the hill. Driveway is accessible from Jasper Ave. The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald is approximatly 18 miles/29 kilometers (45 minute drive) from the Edmonton International Airport
Near to the following attractions
- From Bach to Wagner, Baroque to folk, and Broadway to cabaret the Winspear Centre for Music showcases diverse international performances. Set on downtowns Sir Winston Churchill Square and is ground zero for the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra.
Sunday - Thursdays Free Dessert
- Receive a free dessert with purchase of dinner entree. Valid Sunday - Thursday Only, dinner time. The Harvest Room
Shaw Conference Centre
- This is where Edmonton meets, celebrates, innovates and more. Awarded for excellence and established as a leading convention centre and venue is located at the foot of our sprawling River Valley and in the heart of Downtown.
Royal Tea and Tour
- Join us in this Royal tradition and revel in the history and beauty of our downtown Edmonton landmark.
Rogers Place in the new ICE DISTRICT
- The new home of the Oilers (NHL) - arena is also used for concerts, festivals and events.
- Concerts, sports, trade shows, grads, expos, weddings, horse races, indescribable entertainment experiences - home to many of this citys most important and exciting moments.
Edmonton Events Calendar
- Visit the official Explore Edmonton website for up to the minute events and announcements in Edmonton the City of Festivals.
Art Gallery of Alberta
- 5 hrs
- 3 hrs
- A cornerstone of Edmonton
- s dazzling Arts District- the Citadel has over 2000 seats and is home to five wonderfully unique theatres.
- Home of the Edmonton Eskimos - Canadian Football League.
Fort Edmonton Park
- Fort Edmonton Park is a living history park that traces the growth and development of Edmonton through four historical periods.
- 4 hrs
Lake Louise AB
- 6 hrs
- The Muttart Conservatory is a unique botanical display garden that brings together a collection of plants from a diverse range of climatic conditions.
- Live harness racing.
Old Strathcona Historical Area
- Historic buildings date to 1891- before the amalgamation of Strathcona town to the city of Edmonton in 1912
- 8 hrs
- Home of the NHL Edmonton Oilers.
Royal Alberta Museum
- The Museum offers a full range of exhibitions and activities for every age level and interest.
Rutherford House Historical Site
- This 1911 home of the first premier is a landmark complete with restaurant and gift shop. Open from May to September.
- 5 hrs
Spa-The Macdonald Health Club (Spa)
- Massages Services are available in the Health Club with a Registered Massage Therapist. Reflexology - Reiki - Hot Stone Treatments and more also available. Reservations: Recommended but walk-ins are accepted if space is available.
- Over 350 domestic - exotic and endangered species. Great family attraction with daily presentation of animals and petting zoo.
- 14 hrs
- 17 hrs
West Edmonton Mall
- Open 365 days a year - Experience the world
- s largest entertainment and shopping centre featuring over 800 stores and services - 110 eating establishments plus 7 World Class Attractions. The facility is equivalent in size to 48 city blocks.
- 15 hrs
- 15 hrs
Edmonton Intl Airport
Any prices displayed for The Fairmont Hotel Macdonald should be used as a guide only and may vary with room and dates chosen. Lower pricing may be available via the booking system if available. Not all properties are available for online booking. Please note all distances shown are approximate, and may not reflect driving or travel distances.